Thursday, February 1, 2024

Evening Session - 2/1/2024

Caught an afternoon session - 

Waves were intermittent - but belly high when they came.  I think the West swell is finally passing us.  The weather was pretty wet and cold.  I actually had a hard time seeing because there was no contrast between the sky and the ocean.


At least the weather kept the crowd at bay -

I brought the Progression 170/flex rear stab setup on the 68cm Project Cedrus mast (classic).  For the board, I broke out No.31

No.31 is probably the smallest I would go when prone foiling.  I'm estimating this board to be about 35 liters - so pretty much my shortboard volume.


I botched the first few rides - which I always do when changing back to prone from either surfing, Foil Drive prone foiling, winging, etc.  It didn't help that I was on a different board also - but after those first few everything was coming together again.

I was able to get a few triples, and a ton of good carves in.

I actually think No.31 may be a good Foil Drive Max board.  Will have to cycle this in once the FDM is in hand.


I did move the mast up twice from the starting point (white dots).  The original placement was definitely too far back because I had to coax the board up.  This position felt a lot better, but I'll still need to experiment with it.  I thought I moved the boxes up on this board when I did the second install...

Tomorrow the trades return.  It'll be a bit northerly at first, but by Sunday it'll be mostly from the East.  Debating if I want to do an after work session at Hickam, or beat feet home and hit WPB... low tide... hmmmmm.

W:8/FD:10/F:4/S:5


No comments: