Saturday, February 24, 2024

Wing Foiling Session - 2/24/2024

Dawn patrol at Kailua!  Conditions were fantastic!


I setup the same gear as yesterday - primarily to get the sand off of it, but also because the wind was up and down and there would be benefit to having the 5.2 up instead of the 4.7 (or in some gusts even the 4.2)


Nice stats!


And there were some really good waves too.  I stayed out just shy of 2 hours, but staying upright in the strong winds and even stronger gusts and side chop took effort.  With the strong wind forecast across the next 10 days (at least), I didn't want to risk injury. 


The peak speeds were had coming down the faces of some of the bomber coming through.


As I was leaving, the winds got even stronger!


I got to talk with Rex on board building trends.  He said he's primarily on the Eagle 790.

I saw several SK8s setup also.  I got my Evolution Cedrus F One adapter in the mail today - tomorrow I think I'll mix it up with one of the F One foils (I have been on an Axis trip recently).


I needed the successes of today to shake off the ending of yesterday's walk of shame...

W:17/FD:13/F:4/S:8

No comments: