Sunday, February 18, 2024

Wing Foiling Session - 2/18/2024

Hit Hickam with Kalani today.  The wind was nuking, but the waves were on the small side.


I brought the SW2 4.7 and 4.2 - I should have brought the 3.6.  I pumped up the 4.2 and bolted on the ART999/400P to the Evolution Cedrus mast on No.34

I ended up talking to Jim, Bill and Matt - so I was out on the water for just over an hour.


No.34 did not disappoint - in fact Matt and Arvin asked to take a test drive and they loved it.  Gained speed quickly to engage the front foil, did not lift entering transitions, and felt well balanced was the feedback I got.

I had taken it out to Firsts and managed to snag a couple of rare breaking waves.  I can turn this board as hard as I wanted to - so I think a 6'0" is a good balance in capability and length.  The gem for today was tacking onto the biggest breaker and getting to do several top to bottom turns (riding goofy foot).


Yup - I could have used the 3.6 today!


I had planned on switching out the ART999 for the Spitfire 840 - but when I came in, I let the other guys ride the setup as is.  By the time they were done, I figured I had better go pickup La and Marlon.


Fun session today - and great getting to catch up with Bill, Jim and Matt.

W:14/FD:13/F:4/S:8

No comments: