Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Wing Foiling Session - 2/6/2024

The wind was stronger today and the waves were bigger than yesterday.


I had thought it would be smaller and less windy so I brought the same foil/board as yesterday - and I brought the SW2 4.7 and 5.2

I kinda wish I had the SW2 4.2 and No.25 or 32 to better handle the high winds and big surf.  What's the saying about gear??? Run whatcha brung!!!


This setup actually handled the conditions really well.  The more I use this board and foil, the easier it all becomes - and in turbulent, slightly overpowered conditions, you can use all the help you can get.


This speed chart is off on the speed color overlay.

I spent most of my time way outside.  The waves were bigger, easier to catch and less consequential than hanging out on the inside (during a pretty darn low tide).


The wind chart is also off - I was overpowered on the 4.7


I'm going to stop mentioning this - but the Evolution Wind mast allowed me to just focus on riding - which is what you need when riding in challenging conditions.

I caught several bombs - way overhead and barreling down the faces at really fast speeds.  I could have probably used the HPS 700


I could feel the wind starting to drop so I headed in.  I rode all the way in and I am finding out that without a front footstrap, I am having a hard time keeping the board angled to keep the foil from hitting the bottom (and it is low tide).  Kind of a small price to pay for such epic rides


My arms and back are so nuked right now - I love this!!!

W:13/FD:10/F:4/S:5



No comments: