Monday, February 26, 2024

Wing Foiling Session - 2/26/2024

Ridiculous conditions today!!!!

Rising tide (but I still hit bottom while launching), good sized swell on the outside, and really strong and consistent wind from the ENE - couldn't ask for better!


I figured with the SK8 950 I could use a slightly smaller wing.  I pumped up the Reedin SW2 3.6 - the wind on the outside was actually just a hair stronger, but I didn't feel grossly overpowered.  For most of the session, the 3.6 was actually perfect.  No.32 was well behaved today - recovered from a couple of tiny vents, bounced from a couple of touchdowns during big waves, and really balanced rides.


I had to borrow Noe's watch because I forgot mine at work.  Her battery died about halfway through my session.


Today was all about riding tall walls and carving - this gear helped me push my boundaries!  Steep waves made for big top to bottom carves and luffing abound - nothing short of EPIC!!!


Weird how Noe's watch thought I was going slow...


NUKING!!!


Almost solid blue!!!  My trunks were pretty dry for most of the session.  I did trip on the foil maybe twice - but with the wind it was easy to get back up.


It was Norm and I out for almost an hour.  Then Roland and Prayot showed up.  The Clinton and Derek made their way out.

The forecast is calling for even stronger conditions going 10 days out!!!  This is going to be an incredible run of wind and waves!!!

W:19/FD:13/F:4/S:8

No comments: