Saturday, February 10, 2024

Dawn Patrol - 2/10/2024

Nice waves this morning!  A little fuller tide (made for an easier launch and landing - no foil dings).  Super light wind.  The Tasman Sea swell was still pushing through - it actually made getting out a little bit annoying.  I ended up using the throttle and drove the battery down to 92% trying to get to the outside line up.


A few new prone foilers were out this morning - not sure who they were.  If you are reading this - remember - "White Plains Beach sucks - no one in their right mind would foil there..." 


I setup No.33 with the 80cm Project Cedrus Aluminum mast, the Spitfire 980/375P on the Advance Crazy Short fuselage.

Dennis is totally on his Gen 2 Max exclusively now.  Can't blame him - more power, more endurance.


The swell had some size to it - the crest of the swell would be chest high (while I was up on foil) on the set waves.  But they would pop up, then flatten out.  Not sure if that was the tide or the swell.


Because of that, I was really picky with which ones I took - I didn't want to be frivolous trying to catch waves that looked good but wouldn't go anywhere.  And I had to hunt for the takeoff spots - they kept shifting.


14 or 18 waves (depending on which lines you count) in 2 hours - not the crazy sessions I've had recently, but still nice wave count.

On the takeoffs, the Spitfire 960 was the right foil - but after that I kinda wish I had the HPS980 - I could have used the extra glide and projection on the flatter sections today.


For tomorrow's session, I may bolt on the ART999 and see if that works better for the flatter waves.  I'll bring the HPS980 also just in case the size falls off.

W:13/FD:11/F:4/S:7

No comments: