Tuesday, September 3, 2024

Evening Session - 9/3/2024

Went to WPB with the express intent to use the BRM Maliko Parawing in concert with the Foil Drive.  The Foil Drive is drag when trying to get up on foil with the parawing, but it is also a life saver when you've blown downwind because you can't get off the struggle bus.

There were some waves, but they were far apart and few in number.

Nice full tide so grounding foils was not really an issue.


And here is what I've been working up to - a setup to get up on foil easier, but can motor back to the launch point if needed.


I felt less like I was going to get up on foil today than the first time - not sure if it was the Foil Drive or not.  I actually thought about using the Foil Drive to get up on foil while I had the parawing up (but I didn't - I wanted to see what it would take to get up on foil using just the wind). 


I was definitely on the struggle bus today.  You can see the tracks where I was trying to use the parawing.  The red are where I packed the wing up and used the Foil Drive to make my way back to the starting.  I caught waves and rode them in to save battery (which I had only partially recharged - I forgot to do that earlier today).


Kalani was using his Reedin SW2 5.2 and his Dragonfly board.  He got in over 17 miles today - so there was wind.


Despite all the trials, this session was still good fun.  And I ended up nabbing 10 waves making my way back upwind. 


The wind will be backing off for a few days, and even when it comes back, it won't be super strong.

Time to clear the board repairs out of the garage and get to work on making some new boards (one for Norm, and another for me to replace No.37).  

W:114/PW:2/FD:62/F:4/S:17

No comments: