Sunday, September 15, 2024

Garage Works - 9/15/2024

I got the coarse sanding (maybe the only sanding) done on No.38


This is the top deck




And this is the bottom deck




I'll cut in the slot for the track block tomorrow and get it glued in.  Then I can get started on glassing this blank.

I also got the patch completed on No.34


The enamel clear coat didn't like something on the repair - that's fine, I don't need to chase ghosts.



And while the crew was winging today - every time I passed Prayot, it sounded like a 747 was going through a landing sequence.

And here it is going through a tuning to try and get rid of the really loud noise.

There were a couple of deeper gouges - I filled these (some twice) and sanded to 1000



And here it is all sanded.


I'll look at the front foil (AFS Pure 900) tomorrow and see if it needs some sanding.

No comments: