Sunday, September 15, 2024

Wing Foiling Session - 9/15/2024

I'll post on the Garage Works next, but after shaping No.38 (Norm's Prone Foil Drive board), I hit WPB to get in a wing foiling session.

The wind was on shore - so it was less windy than it looked.

Kalani was already there when I parked.


I set up No.36 with the 85cm Project Cedrus mast and Prayot's AFS Silk 1050.  And I pumped up the North Nova Pro 5.0

And just as I was finishing setting up - the guys hanging out at the pavilion behind me in this picture were pointing and headed out to their cars (they said the road in was about to be closed).

Prayot and Roland made it through the blocked road and we pretty much had the break to ourselves!!!


Since we couldn't leave, we settled in for a long session - almost 3 hours for me and over 30 miles.


We the inner break mostly empty, I spent a lot of time riding this area (where I normally would turn off to not interact with the surfers).

I still rode several waves from the outside breaks - and every now and then there was a good sized wave.


There were ups and downs in the wind.

And this is where the discussion on the AFS Silk 1050 begins -

This foil turns really well - on par with the Silk 850.  And it also gets up and stays up in lighter winds - so I was up through the lulls and with the tight canopy in the North Nova Pro, I was up and riding in winds I should not have been.


I'm going to have to sell some stuff... the AFS foils are that good -


And after 3 hours I was more than done.  My arms, back and right knee were screaming "enough already"

The fire seemed to be out (no more thick black smoke) so I made a run for it.  It was the homeless camp in the brush (where the old magazines were).  I think this land was recently transferred to the City and County from the Navy (or maybe this parcel is still the Navy's because the State turned it down because of the environmental liability) - but there are a lot of people living back in this area.  I hope nobody got hurt - 


Incredible session!

W:120/PW:2/FD:66/F:4/S:18

No comments: