Sunday, September 1, 2024

Wing Foiling Session - 9/1/2024

And my text app was blowing up about wingable wind this afternoon.  By the time I got there though, it was questionable.

The tide was high and the waves drowned out, but I was there so I figured why not.


Between me pulling up and trying to find a parking spot, Zach had come in.  Prayot and Duke were still out.

I had only brought light wind stuff - No.34/Eagle 1090/DW210/SW2 5.2 - and I'm so glad I did.


I spent 15 minutes just trying to get up on foil... the wind was side on shore due to thermals and it was hard figuring out which angle to set out on.


I was a little concerned that the wind would not pick back up and I'd have a long paddle back - but I finally got out to a reliable run of wind and I got up.

After that I didn't go down until the end.


The F One Eagle 1090 is a session saver - I even got a couple of toe-side tacks in (no heel side tacks -  the wind was fluky on the outside and I didn't want to risk blowing a tack).



It wasn't this strong at WPB (this is Hickam's chart).


I'm glad I made it back to the launch point and didn't have to paddle back in.   

W:113/PW:1/FD:61/F:4/S:17

No comments: