Saturday, September 7, 2024

Wing Foiling Session - 9/7/2024

And for an encore session, I hit Hickam to wing.  Zach and Naomi were there already.  Kalani hitched a ride with me.  Arvin was coming in when I launched and Tim was outside.

There was wind, but it was swirling (one of those days).


So much easier to set up here compared to anywhere else!


And this was the main reason I wanted to hit Hickam - I wanted to break this in - my new 5 meter wing.


And today turned out to be a good test of the low end of the wing.  I did have the F One Eagle 1090 bolted on (which helps when the wind is questionable).


Lots of different directions here...


Ups and downs - and swirling all around


Lots of waiting today.  But the Nova Pro does pump much better than the Mode Pros (it was designed to do this).

Out the gate I was able to tack four consecutive times and it transitioned well.

The jibes ended up giving me more trouble - but that was probably due to the light winds and less with the wing.  The wing did feel heavy in the jibes.  


I didn't head out to Firsts - I really didn't feel like swimming in.  So I still need to test out the flagging capabilities.

Not a bad first impression! 

W:115/PW:2/FD:65/F:4/S:17

No comments: