Sunday, September 29, 2024

Garage Works - 9/29/2024

La was helping out with some races at KYC - so I had time to get some work done on No.38

I started out fairing the track block and getting the boxes set in with epoxy.  And then I got the bottom deck laminates all trimmed.


There's a carbon spine on the blank, then the top to bottom basalt layer, and finally a carbon cap sheet over the block.


I used 21 ounces of epoxy for the bottom deck lamination.  And to make sure I didn't have any off gassing bubbles, I attended to the board while the epoxy was hardening.


After a few hours, I tested the lamination to see if I could sand it - yup!  So I went ahead and laminated the top deck.

Here's the top deck with the laps sanded down and the under layers staged.


And here is everything laminated.  I used 19 ounces for the top deck.


Nice and tight!!!!


I'll sand this again when I get home tomorrow and maybe get the first fill coat on (and if I get it on early enough, I can probably get the opposite side filled as well.  Norm wants this board all white - so that is a thicker fill coat (with white pigment).

No comments: