Monday, September 2, 2024

Wing Foiling Session - 9/2/2024

I went out earlier today to make sure I was in the good wind.  Prayot had posted his session mid morning was epic (6.0 wing and the AFS HA Ultra 750 foil).  This picture was taken at the end of the session - there was still wind as evidenced by Koa still out on a tiny wing (I think it was a 3.8).  But earlier it was a field of white caps -


I had No.36 out today (yup - no No.34 today) with the Evolution Cedrus Wind mast and F One Eagle 890/DW190 combo.


And with the whitecaps, I pumped up the Ezzy Flight 4.0.  That's Derek's 4.5


There were some waves today - especially earlier on when the tide was still well below 2.0'

But the highlight of today was the really strong wind and getting to use a smaller wing.


It was pretty gusty also - I was having such a great time I didn't want to go in - but after 4pm the wind started to back down.  If I had waited any longer, I would have been paddling in (the Ezzy doesn't have much low end to it).


Awesome wind!


I thought I went faster than this...


Derek was out (and taking pictures as usual).  Koa also came out.  Roland had a marathon session - he needed a vacation from his vacation!


I think the conditions will be good for trying out the BRM Parawing again tomorrow...

W:114/PW:1/FD:61/F:4/S:17

No comments: