Monday, September 16, 2024

Wing Foiling Session - 9/16/2024

Beautiful day at WPB!  Good strength wind coming from the E, but the waves were pretty small.

The tide was high - so the lineup was a little surgy again - but launching and landing were really nice.


Having ridden Prayot's AFS foils and really enjoying the superb performance, I wanted to take today's session and make a back-to-back comparison to the F One SK8s.

I bolted on the SK8 750 using the Classic mast and used No.36 (to get the further forward mounting position).


Zach and Kalani were the early crew.  Roland, Prayot, Duke and Derek all came out later.  Derek was out earlier with Robby testing a Manta foil drive (then put Eli on it and came back out on a 4.5 wing).

I pumped up the Nova Pro 5.0 (figuring I could dump the extra power if any into the smaller front foil).


Today's session was pretty much half of yesterday's marathon.


The SK8 turns out to be really similar to the Silk - but the Silk felt like it turned harder and a tad bit more fluid.  I'd say the SK8 was 90% of the Silk.

For the first half of today, the wind was stronger on the inside - and the surfers were not out because of the wind so I (and the others) rode closer to the inside.

As the session progressed, the wind seemed to get better outside and the group migrated out.

There were some good sided waves if you were patient and your timing was good.


I went in earlier than the others - I didn't want to swim in and with the SK8 750, I really didn't want to chance it.


There were some ups and downs - but that's standard fare around here.


W:121/PW:2/FD:66/F:4/S:18

No comments: