Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Garage Works - 9/4/2024

Because I sold No.37 to Marvin, I got the urge to shape again.  I brought one of these billets home from my office.


And I broke the billet down into three separate blanks


This is the end chopped off plus an offcut from the last billet.  I'm going to take this back to the office until I need it.


And these are the two other blanks.  The one in the back is the 6" blank that I'm going to use to make a custom for Norm for Foil Drive-ing.


And here is the 5'7" stretched version of No.37

I'm probably going to shape Norm's board first before working on this one (and actually the template might be the same - to get more volume on his, I can just go thicker).

The other blank is going to be another No.37 - gotta have that shorter board for when the waves have good energy. 


And while I was at it, I mixed up some epoxy to start the repairs on these two boards.  A lot of the water came out of Roland's board so I started the process of sealing it up.  I think there is more inside, but it isn't coming out anymore.

I'll sand the fill and put a fiberglass patch over the drill hole.


This is Rick's board and the tail ding repair.  I had previously sanded the ding - and the carbon was largely intact.  I used the same fill as I mixed up for Roland's board.  I'll sand this area, then place a carbon patch over the areas I removed the paint.


I'm hoping to have both of these out of the garage by the weekend (so I can start mowing foam).

No comments: