Saturday, September 7, 2024

Dawn Patrol - 9/7/2024

Marlon and I hit the dawn patrol this morning.

Nice full tide (good for not grounding the foil, but made the waves hard to catch).  No wind and a decent amount of energy when the set waves came through.


I stayed out an hour and 20 minutes and got the battery down to 30%.

Lots of foilers out - some I didn't even recognize.  But Dennis, Mark, Dean, Andrew, Kamaka, Tim, Scott, and at least four others were out foiling.


I caught most of the rides I had by getting up to the swell speed, popping up early and pumping across the wave until it stood up.  I got a bunch of long rides, but getting on them early came at the expense of voltage consumption.


I'll call this 16 rides.  I did catch several more, but would pull off or stop pumping because they were not really rideable.


The wind is supposed to come up for a bit today - possibly time to test the North Nova Pro 5.0 

W:114/PW:2/FD:65/F:4/S:17

No comments: