Thursday, September 12, 2024

Wing Foiling Session - 9/12/2024

The wind started to blow again today.  While I was at work, I saw signs that the trades were coming back, but as I left work and was driving home, the wind signs started faltering.

The wind meters were even saying the wind was blowing from the west.

I wanted to get in the ocean, so I packed up my winging gear and headed out.

I wasn't sure what the wind would really be doing, so I brought out the beast - the North Mode Pro 6.8

Along with the big wing, I setup No.32 (more volume than No.36) with the F One SK8 950/C200 


The big wing is not the easiest wing to pump - so I usually just wait for it to pressurized with adequate wind.

Kalani was already out when I was launching.  He opted for the KT DW board and his Reedin SW2 5.2

Duke and Eli rounded out the winging crew (Eli had a 7.0 up).



You can see the wind shifts in the track.  You had to stay on your toes when the gusts hit as you didn't really know which direction it was coming in from

There were some fun waves that came along if you were patient.  I had a few head high running walls that I got to carve top to bottom!

I tacked more today than jibed - I didn't want to lose ground on a light wind day like today


I really like the way the Mode Pro tacks - pretty dependable!!!


The meter reads about 10 mph low when the winds are blowing trades. 


There were a few periods where I was schlogging along to get out to the wind line after dropping off foil.  But each time I was able to get back up on foil when I caught up to an inbound gust.



The wind will start to build over the next few days - 

W:116/PW:2/FD:66/F:4/S:18

No comments: