Saturday, September 28, 2024

Bird Shit Challenge - 9/28/2024

I ran a race yesterday - the Bird Shit Island Challenge that was supposed to go several weeks back.


The conditions were nice for the race.  But I woke up late (my head is still somewhere between Japan and here) and for lots of reasons (some not all my fault) I had a bad start.  My start was so bad I even didn't start ahead of the kiters... (but I did beat several of them).  By the time I got up on foil, I was behind Prayot and a woman using an Ezzy (so I think I was absolute last across the line).  As I passed through the buoys I yelled at the boat crew "Did I give everyone enough of a head start to make this a fair race???"


Big wing (Mode Pro 6.8) and smaller foil (Eagle 890).  Nice combo!

The mileage below was way more than the Bird Shit Island run - 


You can see me doubling back at the top of the island - Prayot didn't get out far enough from the island to avoid the dead wind zone and went down.  I hung around until the jetskis came over - there were tons of birds, and they were feeding (which meant there were fish - so there should have been bigger fish....).


And after I finished, I headed back out to see if he was good to go.  I picked him up halfway back out to the island - he was surfing (so I figured I'd surf the swell also - it was way better out there compared to Jump City).



And after all that, I saw a guy on a BRM Parawing.  I pulled up to him and saw he had a 4.0, a narrower board, and no harness.  I didn't get what foil he had on underneath.

I'm going to have to setup my narrow 7'0" board...


Super fun day (even though my race sucked (against the official race time - outside of that I had a great time making the run).

W:122/PW:2/FD:67/F:4/S:19

No comments: