Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Evening Session - 8/10/2021

And after fixing Roland's board, I brought it to the beach to get it back to him and got in another session in the quest to dial in the PNL185 mast position.  The waves came up considerably compared to yesterday.


I got several waves with the mast set where it was yesterday.  After an hour, the waves seemed to get even bigger.  In order to stop losing it (I think I wiped out on three back to back waves - and once the foil raked me - not awe inspiring...) I pulled the mast back a notch.  On the next wave I immediately knew it was too far back - not enough lift.  I brought it back forward in two separate moves.  It's optimized now - I'll mark it and move on to the GL140 if the swell is still pushing tomorrow evening.


White water everywhere - it was pushing overhead!!!

No comments: