Saturday, August 14, 2021

Insert Blocks in on Kalani's Board

This post should have been before the previous one...  This morning I got the slots routed out for the footstrap insert reinforcement blocks.  I used 4.2 ounces of epoxy mixed with milled fibers then painted that mixture onto the blocks and along the walls of the slots.


I used some of the left over resin mixture to fill the crack in Roland's fuselage and to seal up the bolt at the end.  Tomorrow I'll grind down the bolt and nut, sand down the excess epoxy around the rear of the fuselage and get one last seal coat of epoxy over the repaired area.

Tomorrow I'll also rout out the slots for the inserts, clean the inserts with acetone, then epoxy them in.  When that hardens, I'll flip the board and get the track block installed and then cut the slots for the tracks (Futures One Pass 10.75" longboard fin boxes).  Then it'll be time to glass this board.

No comments: