Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Wing Foiling Session - 8/25/2021

Hit the beach again this afternoon.  The forecast was projecting 15 to 25 mph winds - pretty good call.  I setup the same equipment from yesterday.  


Today was actually really good.  With more east in the wind and a tad bit of SW in the swell, it was one of those days that lined up perfectly!  I had a handful of waves that were at least chest high that I picked up on the outside and rode all the way in while luffing the wing.  With the HS1550, turning was so easy on the wave faces.  I was able to carve back and forth to stay in the pocket - and I had some of the longest luffed waves to date.


I did pay the Ocean today - on the launch, the wing did blow right back on to the rear stabilizer.



I picked up this new tear right along the seam.  It should be easy enough to fix.  Small price to pay for the perfect conditions today!!!


This is the last day for the foreseeable future that called for strong winds.  For the next week+, the winds are going to be light.  I can actually use the break to heal up.  Awesome session!

No comments: