Saturday, August 7, 2021

Evening Session - 8/7/2021

After the garage work, I ended up taking a nap (I love naps).  Nap over - time to prone foil!  Marlon wanted to redeem himself from the last time, so I setup the 5'2" with the Kai front foil again.  I brought the 4'8" and set it up with the PNL185, the 17.5" flip tip rear stabilizer, on a 29.5" mast.


The wind had come down (glad I didn't go winging today - my joints really need the break).  The surf was small, but good enough to foil.  The tide was pretty high at 2.3'.  My first wave was a triple dip!!!  I caught several more and Marlon caught some rides as well.  The first few sessions on foil are tough because riding a foil is nothing like riding a surfboard and until you've experienced it, it is hard to conceptualize.  A few more sessions and he'll have it down and will be getting longer rides.


Here's where I had the mast set.  There were a couple of waves where I felt like I had too much lift, but I just put more front foot pressure and that went away.  By the end of the session, this setting actually felt fine.  Probably more just getting used to prone foiling again and the adjustment coming off the Armstrong for winging.

The wind is going to be much lighter for the next week at least.  Time to rest up my tendons and get some prone foil moves back up to speed!

No comments: