Sunday, August 29, 2021

Dawn Patrol - 8/29/2021

Marlon and I were on the dawn patrol again this morning.  The surf was bigger - chest high+ on the sets.  There was no wind to speak of and the tide was rising to a high of 1.6'.  Marlon brought out his longboard again - I changed things up again.  I brought the 4'6" and started out with the CF1200 on the 72cm mast and chopped 300 rear stabilizer.  I cannot say how good the combo is - on good waves, this thing absolutely rips!!!  I caught a bunch and then headed in to switch this setup out.


There is a lot of hype out on the High Aspect foils so I decided to break out the HA925.  I rigged it the way the guys on the internet said to - 85cm mast, small drag free rear stabilizer.  That said - they also said this foil does not like turbulent water (and it doesn't), and that it has a high stall speed (and it does).  It is going to get some getting used to to find the cadence and feel for this foil.  I did catch several on it - it is really fast.  It is also really unstable.  Next go I'll use the 72cm mast and the 232 rear stabilizer.

When I got home, I discovered that the HA925 was stuck on the fuselage.  I spent the next few hours getting both this foil and the GoFoil GL210 unstuck from their respective masts.  It felt good to get the 210 unstuck - now I can use the NL160 and PNL185 on that mast to experiment with those foils on the wing.

No comments: