Saturday, August 21, 2021

Wing Foiling Session - 8/21/21

There was enough wind to go winging today - but just barely.  I bolted on the HS1850 and pumped up the Ensis 6.0 m2 - so that how "windy" it was.  Kalani and Roland, and eventually Brian were out wing foiling.


I found a patch of wind east of the launch point (Fenceline) and spent most of my time there.  The swell was on the small side - I only jibed onto a wave and luffed twice.  


With all the winging I've done on the south shore, I like easterly winds the best.  Had easterly today until later in the session when it turned way north.


I got in over 27 miles in just over 2.5 hours.  Top speed was over 17 mph - likely riding the one big wave I caught after jibing.


The forecast has the remnants of Tropical Storm Linda affecting the islands for the next couple of days.  I'll likely finish the projects in the garage tomorrow.

No comments: