Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Evening Session - 8/11/2021

Marlon dawn patrolled and said he had an awesome session.  I figured it would be a good time to dial in the HS1050.  I also went ahead and decided to begin the journey with the 4'6" prone foil board - I have hel doff to this point because I thought a board this small was going to hurt my wave count - but with my boards getting smaller and smaller, I think I'm ready for this.  

The swell was a short lived one - it was barely cracking chest high by the time I made it out.  The board is a sinker under my weight.  4'6"x18.75"x 3.75"" - I'm guessing 30 to 35 liters or so (so less than half my displacement).


When up and riding, the HS1050 is incredibly maneuverable - goes wherever you want it to.  Bounced off several sections and picked lines to stay on the power curve.  It'll drop off foil instantly if you slow down (no surprise).  I started the mast in the middle of the tracks, but was able to move the foil as each wave revealed more info.  By the 4th adjustment, I had the mast all the way forward.  This front foil is going to rip when the waves are bigger.  I was able to takeoff on the decent sized waves I caught and I never felt like I was going to lose it.  The area is similar to the Go Foil GL140 (and I've praised the heck out of that front foil).


I think I would have had equal amounts of fun if had bolted on the HS1420CS - but I did get the foil position set for the HS1050 - what more can you ask for???!!!!!

No comments: