Saturday, August 14, 2021

Wing Foiling Session - 8/13/2021

The forecasts were convergent and spot on yesterday afternoon - 15 to 20 with gust to 25.  The tide was mostly full so the launch wasn't too bad, but the surf was pretty small (not helped by the tide).  I was out in the wind line by 3pm.


I used the cycling function on the watch again - I like the speed by color overlay, but the thickness of the line seems to have increased so it all looks like one big blob of color.  Not sure if there is an advantage here or not over the boating function.


There was a lot of north in the wind, and the swell had more east than west - so nothing really lined up today.  I'm just glad there was enough wind to wing!


I got a max speed of 19 mph, covered 24.13 miles and had an average speed of 9.7 mph. I was tripping on my tacks for the first half of the session.  I had switched to the HS1850 because I didn't want to have to pump the wing because I'm dealing with tennis elbow on my left arm.  After I started slowing down the tacks, I was making all of them again.


So nothing really to write home about - still a fun session.

No comments: