Thursday, August 12, 2021

Garage Works - 8/12/2021

I asked Marlon how the surf was this morning - he said it had come down, and was waist high mostly (with the occasional bigger set).  With the wind forecasted to come up tomorrow, I figured I'd skip today and try and get the garage projects further along.  First up was putting the divynicell sheets in place.  I cut the fabric reinforcements - innegra up front and 6 ounce fiberglass on the back.  Then I ended up mixing 6.3 ounces of epoxy to get the fabric thoroughly wetted out.


I actually broke out the bag and the seals
(you can see them in the lower right corner of the picture above), but I got lazy and just started piling up the heavy things sitting around.  I just got back in from checking on the hardening process - it looks good (whew!!!).


And while I was doing this, Marlon was painting his newly repaired longboard.  I finished getting the d-cell on and shifted over to preparing Roland's SPG fuselage to take another bolt/nut.

 

I have some more of the screws I used on the first repair.  I opened up the hole Roland started and countersunk both ends.


I'll get some epoxy on this tomorrow including some inside the crack and all along the nut and bolt.  Then I can look forward to grinding and sanding - oh joy!!!!

No comments: