Friday, August 13, 2021

Footstrap Inserts and Placement on Kalani's Wing Board

I took the day off to get Marlon over to his NROTC Indoc (yup - where did all the time go???) - but this also gives me an opportunity to crank out more garage projects.  I went ahead and cut out enough d-cell blocks for a few boards worth of footstrap inserts.


And I verified the placement of the footstraps


22" between the footstrap positions, rear footstrap over the track boxes.


Offsets from center were taken from Kalani's current board.  For reference, this is setup for goofy foot riding.


Between now and Sunday evening, I want to get the slots routed out, the blocks set in, the insert slots routed out, the inserts set in, the track reinforcement block routed out and the track slots cut out.  At that point I'll be ready to start glassing.

Honestly this one is taking longer than I would have liked - but two long stretches of strong wind and the projects take a back seat to wing foiling.  

No comments: