Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Garage Works - 1/31/2024

I was tired after work, so I skipped the surf session and I hit the garage (after my nap) and got No.34 outfitted.


I got the vent install and opened up the insert holes for a handle (if I end up using one).


Then I cut out the deck pad, stuck it on and made sure to get the insert holes marked on the deck pad.  Blogger has been giving me grief lately with picture orientation... these next three are supposed to be vertical -


I also chamfered the edge of the deck pad on this one (and I think I'll do some maintenance on the past couple of builds and do the same - this is just a nice touch).

Here is the finished top deck.


And here is the bottom deck.

With this board, the goal is to be able to use smaller wings for a given wind strength - more so than with No.30.  I installed 16" track boxes so I should be able to use all the front foils - from the HPS700 all the way up to the HPS980 and Eagle 1090.  I also want to use this in waves - if you recall the Instagram post that inspired this board, winging with this style of board and being able to use a smaller wing - I think this is a break away from the conventions of winging thus far...

Now we just need some wind!


And since I didn't go surfing, I encouraged Marlon to get some progress done on his board.  He wiped the top and bottom decks down, added his logo stickers, and then we sanded down the previous repairs to the tail/boxes.


Now he will use Posca pens and add his art - then we will place another fill coat top and bottom to level out some spots and protect the posca pen work.  That will be followed by some sanding, maybe some more filling/sanding, then hopefully he can FINALLY surf this board.

No comments: