Saturday, March 20, 2021

Chop Shop Fest - 1850 to 1600, 1550 to 1475

After Marlon and I got home, and after we ate lunch, I headed out to the garage to cut down the two foils I had prepared the other night.  I started with the 1550 (since this is the third one I've chopped).  I got lucky as heck - no foam exposed on the cut line, or even on the refoiled sections (that has never happened on any of the previous chops).




I nailed this one!


Next I headed into uncharted territory - chopping the HS1850.  I got lucky twice in a row - no foam core exposed during the cut, or even in the refoiling.


This wing looks so much better than the original.  Truth be known, the inspiration for this was the specifications on the new upcoming HS1550v2.  It is only 2 mm shorter in wingspan than the HS1850.  That means the chord was the target change.  Like I had posted before, I figured the new surface area is right around 1600 cm2.


These both came out really nice!  I still need to sand the higher grits, wet sand, re-label and then clear coat these before I can use them.


I still see a place for the HS1850 (especially for winging lighter days), but I can't wait to try out this Chopped HS1600 and the Chopped HS1475!

No comments: