Sunday, March 7, 2021

Wing Foiling Session - 3/7/2021

Mid-day session today.  I dropped Marlon off so he could go sailing with some friends - then I went to Hickam to get some winging in.  The wind seemed to be on the lighter side - so I set up the HS1850/chopped 300, and the Ensis 6.0.  


For the most part, this setup was perfect.  There were a few heavier gusts, but I just umbrella'd the wing and kept on going.  Bryan was there also - he had his Duotone Echo 6.0 and his HS1850 setup also.


You can see the wind was lighter - but this was a lull.  There were times the whitecaps were steady.


I made a run straight to the outside and spent over an hour riding the just under breaking height waves.  I really concentrated on jibing on the inside by the second red marker, and tacking on the outside by the end of the runway.  I was pulling off most of my jibes - I'd switch my feet before going into the turn and with the big wing, I had enough power coming out of the jibe to keep going.  I headed in and ended up making a bunch of runs to practice the same turns just without the wave influences.  So I can now tack outbound and jibe both ways.  I did try inbound tacks, but with the success I found in switching my feet, I just kept focus on the inbound jibes today. 


On my way out, I just jibed and rode toe-side, the jibed again to get out - you can see that in the first run - no black so no down time.


You know it was a good day when your muscles are screaming "we surrender!!!"

No comments: