Friday, March 19, 2021

Afternoon Garage Works

I came home early from wing foiling - had the itch to work in the garage.  When I got home, Marlon was doing just that.  He was working on thinning down the nose on his alaia.  I told him to set up the boards on the racks and I would hit it with the random orbital sander.


This board is pretty much done.  I'll take him to buy some linseed oil tomorrow and he can start coating it.


And since I had the sander out, I figured I should fix the board I took in for a ding repair.


I had this board in the garage before... but the back repair split open - I couldn't effect a proper repair with the rear foot pad in place before.  


Well - it's fixed now - a narrow strip of innegra at the deck-rail interface, covered by carbon fiber, covered by more carbon fiber.


The board around the repair will break before the repair does.


Up next is grinding down the Armstrong wings, fixing Jimmy's paddle, and more sanding on the new 4'9" - all in between winging sessions.

No comments: