Sunday, March 14, 2021

Dawn Patrol - 3/14/2021

Marlon and I hit the dawn patrol - he brought his Submoon out, and I had the wide 4'10" with HS1850.  The waves were surprisingly good - consistently waist high, and clean.  The tide was pretty high at 1.6' - so little worries about grounding.  I saw Kalani in the parking lot and he asked which foil I was using - he rigged the same. 


I caught a few waves and with the 1850 I was pumping back out without issue, but the waves were picking up.  I told Kalani I was thinking about chopping my 1550 - more out of boredom than need - he offered for me to use the 1550 I chopped down for him.  I switched out wings and was back at it.  The chopped wing was loose, but still had a good amount of lift.  I foiled with it for a while.  I'm going to chop mine down.


I saw Marlon on several waves - despite the new board being over a foot shorter than his longboard, he isn't skipping a beat.  


Lots of fun this morning!

No comments: