Thursday, March 25, 2021

Evening Session- 3/25/2021

Marlon had finished his math by the time I got home, so La said he could go surfing.  There was a 2-3' swell hitting - Marlon brought the longboard and I (wanting to continue testing) brought out the same setup as yesterday (HS1532CS/300).



I had sprayed more acrylic on the foil to help build up a fill layer and to see if that would be enough to get rid of the "shuddering" I experienced yesterday.  The swell was a hair larger than yesterday, the wind was down considerably, and the tide was slightly higher - better overall.  I had some really fun rides - high up on the mast almost instantly, faster than the stock HS1850 and I'm pretty sure I poked wingtip out of the water when turning on some hard cutbacks.  I also pumped back out on a few waves.  I also breached a couple of times - it's the stock 300 rear stabilizer (need to cut it down so I have two chopped 300s).


With this chopped foil, I don't think I'll have a need for the stock 1850 riding prone anymore - it'll still be my primary winging foil, as will the HS1250 - but I think I can get by in the small stuff with this newly cut foil.  I saw Marlon catching a bunch in the middle of the pack - as always.

There was a lot less shuddering today - but there was still some residual.  I will now wax the front foil and try it out again tomorrow (to see if that helps).

No comments: