Saturday, March 27, 2021

Wing Foiling Session - 3/27/2021

The family split up into different groups today.  After Marlon dawn patrolled, he headed out to Windward Community College to do some work.  La headed out to Kaka'ako to visit plant friends at the farmer's market.  I took Noe to Rainbow Bay so she could coach another sailor on how to better handle a 420.  After all that, I headed to Blue Planet Surf Shop to grab some swivels for the wing leashes, and then I finally headed to Hickam to get in a 'third' (or second depending on your criteria) session.  The wind was light but mostly consistent.


HS1850, Wide Wing Foil Board, 232 rear stabilizer, 85cm mast and a 60cm fuselage.


Ensis 6.0


Like usual, I made a beeline for Firsts.  There were a couple of areas where the wind was light - but I eventually got out.  There were waves - but Seconds was breaking better.  I spent 45 minutes out there - nailing tacks and jibes, and riding some bumps.  I did get stuck outside - was on an outbound run and I knew the wind was dropping - I kept going hoping I'd catch sight of a patch of wind.  I ran out of wind, but only had to wait a few minutes.  I caught a few more then headed back in to play on the inside.


I only got to 13.7 mph???? Going to have to use the HS1532CS to see how much more speed I can pick up - probably not too much as the HS1250 hits 17mph if I recall correctly.


Fun session!

No comments: