Saturday, March 6, 2021

Wing Foiling Session - 3/6/2021

Went winging at Hickam today - picked up Kalani just before 11 and met up with Prayot and Roland (out on Prayot's boat).  


The wind was on the lighter side - but I pumped up the 5.2 (same wing that Kalani put up), when I normally would have set up the 6.0.  Glad I used the 5.2 - the gusts were way easier to manage.


You can see lots of ups and downs today - pretty much followed the gusts and lulls. 


On the inside I was offering advise to Roland and Prayot to help them get up on foil - I think both of them finally got up on foil.  On the outside I was picking up some small waves.  Today I was working on switching my feet prior to jibing on the inside - and I was pulling them off!  Both on the inside and while surfing I got in foiling jibes (from weak side, switch to heel side).  I also got in a few inside tacks - but I felt better about the jibes!  The waves were fun, but really small - a foot bigger and it would have been breaking.


Stayed out for 2.5 hours today.  Ended up with almost 17 nm on the books and got a max speed of 15.6 mph.


Super fun day!

No comments: