Friday, March 26, 2021

Foil Trade

I regularly ply the Craigslist waters to see trends, look for deals and to look at what the second hand market is moving.  This also includes Facebook Marketplace.  I saw two Armstrong CF800s hanging out - and they haven't moved in weeks.  In reading the description on one of them, the seller said his CF800 wasn't for him as he was still learning.  I sent a message and asked if would be willing to trade for a CF1600 - and he said yes.  As great a wing as the 1600 is, I won't be using it as I have moved on - that and the 1600 feels like a puffier version of the 1550 (it is slower, more stable, and has more lift than the 1550).  I'm barely using the stock 1550 as it is....




So it was a win-win.  I got a wing that I can look forward to using on nuking wind winging days (like this past Sunday - recall that I observed that using the HS1250 with the 4.5 wing felt really comfortable, with the other combinations firmly on the challenging side).  I can also try this out on a solid south swell - I'm thinking overhead+.  I wet sanded the one scratch this foil had with 1000 grit - pretty much just knocking down the high spots.



Such mesmerizing curves... 


This is a small wing - the Uni300 rear stabilizer is not too far off this.  Prior to this wing, the Go Foil GL140 and the CF1200 were the wings I'd bolt on for the bigger days.  I had not found the top end of those two foils yet - I thought the sky was the limit, but looking at this one opens up a lot of possibilities.  Looking forward to some epic condition days to give this a run!

No comments: