Friday, March 26, 2021

Evening Session - 3/26/2021

I hit WPB this afternoon - wanted to test the HS1532CS with the chopped down 300.  I also put a coat of carnauba wax on the front foil.  The waves were cleaner than yesterday, about the same size, but the tide was a hair fuller.  The waxed foil was too fast (or the stock 300 slowed down the 1532 a bunch).  The first several waves, I had some trouble staying on the wave - the whole setup was super slippery under the water.  Eventually I got the hang of it and I was getting really long rides.  The tide was still on the low side, so I tried to stay away from going too far in (but couldn't help myself). 


This wing pumps and glides better than a stock 1550, is faster than a stock 1850, and it turns better than the 1850.  I think I've tested this in the surf enough now - as expected it is pretty much in the middle of the 1550 and 1850.  Tomorrow I'll bolt on the chopped down 1550 and begin the testing regime on it.

No comments: