Thursday, March 18, 2021

Chop Shop Line Up

After seeing a bunch of new foil announcements from Armstrong, I got the bug to chop down a wing - or two.  This afternoon I passed up a winging session (too many clouds and showers running through), came home and among other things, mapped out a couple of chop shop plans.  Here is a HS1550 with the HS1850 tips.  This is the same chop I did for a couple of the foilers at my beach.  The foil gets a lot looser after this, but still has the lift of the straight 1550.  This cut will be on the outer tape line.


A second view.


And this is an HS1850 with 2.5 cm marked off the trailing edge.  This will reduce the surface area by 235 cm^2 (so 1610 ish).  After rounding off the new tips, the area should be just under 1600.


I'll cut these this weekend.

No comments: