Sunday, July 11, 2021

Garage Works - 7/11/2021

I skipped the dawn patrol this morning to get some garage stuff done (and also to save my energy for the afternoon winging session).  First on the rack was Bryce's longboard.  Bad rail ding.



Bad nose ding.


Odd ding on the bottom deck close to the rail.



I went ahead and sanded/grinded these spots down so I got to clean fiberglass/foam.

Next I took the broken glass off the 5'2" prone foiling board.


And then I tackled the big project - taking down the nose, redoing the rocker, and dialing in the rear of the bottom deck rails.


I used a handsaw for this one.


This is after the re-foiling of the nose.




Kalani asked that the bevel on the bottom deck towards the rail be extended further forward.


Here's the end of today's efforts.  Next up is using a level and making sure the board is symmetric, then sanding the blank to smooth it out.





Then the foot strap inserts, the foil track reinforcement block, sealing the blank, routing out the tracks, setting the tracks, then glassing (and he is asking to have this vacuum bagged).

No comments: