Thursday, July 22, 2021

Wing Foiling Session - 7/22/2021

The wind was supposed to be really strong - but "surprise" it wasn't.  It was still good, just not nuking.  I wanted to continue working smaller gear, so I bolted on the HS1550 v1.  This foil is fun, just doesn't have the super easy lift that the HS1850 has.  Also pumped up the 5.2 wing.

I got in about 45 minutes out at Firsts.  I hooked into two really good waves (jibing right as I came up to the wave), and rode them regular footed with the wing flagging steadily behind - riding high on the foil while staying ahead of a wave standing up is super exhilarating.  I had a few additional attempts, but I'll take what I can get.

The wind was strong enough to allow me to ride up on foil through several transition cycles.

The 1550v1 got up to 16.3kts - pretty good top end.
I also brought out the Go Pro with a new mount (Snap magnetic mount).





My last approach in, I did get a jump in.  Not sure if I got the rear stabilizer out of the water - but I know I got the front foil out.  I'm sure it didn't look good, but I'm starting to understand the mechanics of the foil jump.

No comments: