Sunday, July 25, 2021

Wing Foiling Session - 7/24/2021

I had to take Prayot to the airport yesterday morning - he's headed to be with his family in Japan for a few years.  That meant pushing my session to the early afternoon.  I hit WPB and it was pretty much epic!  I pumped up the 5.2 and bolted on the HS1850 (I don't want to ever get stranded out there, so I opted for the big foil - in hind sight, I think the chopped HS1520CS would have been perfect).  Tons of people on the beach - but I got out on the water and had to paddle a bit as the tide was rising.


I got in 14.97 nm in just over 2 hours yesterday.


The wind was perfect for the 5.2 (although this Kalaeloa meter doesn't show what was out there on the water - I think the meter is on the runway somewhere - it was likely base of 20 mph and gusts to 30).




I got a top speed of 16.5kt - probably coming down a wave.  The waves on the outside were intermittent, but when they came, it was perfection jibing onto them, making the drop and luffing the wing.  I would ride the mast high and just surf the head high waves - I caught four waves like that and there is no better experience - almost sensory overload!!!


This spot delivered!!!

No comments: