Monday, July 5, 2021

Wing Foiling Session - 7/4/2021

The weather was fluky again yesterday.  Learning from Saturday, I waited until the clouds burned off and the weather settled.  Unfortunately it settled on the lighter side of windy.  The forecasters have been totally off the past several weeks - like someone purposely jacks up the predictions.  Anyways - the Ensis 6.0m saved the day!!!


The harness has also been a blessing - I still ache after a session, but my joints are not painful anymore.  I had the HS1250 in the truck... the session would have been much better if I had the HS1850, but I do think training with different equipment helps develop better skills.  I even limited my wing pumping - primarily due to the camera on the wing - but also my left forearm tendons - and I was still able to get up.  Finesse trumps brute strength.  This picture is me coming out of a jibe.


This picture is me going into a jibe.


Winging is so much fun!


Prayot is getting better on his 4'10" Amundson (HS1850 front foil).


And here is my old friend Nick getting oriented to this new sport.  Nick and I learned to windsurf together and he lead me through the kiting learning curve.  Always good to get out on the water with this guy!


With Nick out there, I didn't head out to Firsts.  Brian did and he said it was fun - the inbound swell wasn't hitting full force, but the front runners were showing.


I was out between 3 and 4:30 - the wind was frustrating - but again it was an opportunity to train.


You can see the big gaps in wind - but it was still fun.  Top speed was 16.8 kt, and got in 9.58 nm

No comments: