Friday, July 16, 2021

Wing Foiling Session - 7/16/2021

I took La's car in to the dealer to get a tow hitch installed.  It took forever and started to mess with my winging timeline.  The hitch looks great - and I finally got to Hickam at 4:15.  While I was setting up, the wind was in a lull - so I pumped up the 5.2.  I could have easily used the 4.5.  I did want to continue using the HS1250 and Chopped 300 to get the difference between the 95cm and 85cm masts.


The wind was nuking!  When the gusts came through, I was getting dragged around even with the wing straight overhead - it was AWESOME!!!!


When the gusts backed down, I would try to get speed runs in.  I topped out at 17.2 kt - I think I need a smaller front foil if I'm going to go faster.  I've got the CF800, but I think starting that may be too difficult.


I got another toe-side tack in - don't get to do that much since I really don't ride toe-side too often - I'd rather switch stance.  Prayot had to leave and get to a dinner event.  I had three people's worth of winging gear and boards in the truck! 




Might do Kailua in the morning, and back to Hickam in the evening!

No comments: