Friday, July 23, 2021

Wing Foiling Session - 7/23/2021

The nuking winds finally filled in while I was at the beach!  I pumped up the 4.5 and setup the HS1550 again (and I moved it up a notch to try and get the balance dialed in - it worked).  I also moved the rear footstrap to the middle insert location (more on this later).


I got in 13.61nm in an hour and a half.  The wind was strong, but it wasn't ripping the whitecaps off the wind waves - so I did a few runs on the inside to make sure my setup was good to go.  Prayot had been out a while already, and when he saw me, he made a beeline to Firsts (guessing I'd follow - well I did).


The waves were really slow at Firsts, but I did manage to catch a couple of decent runs.  More practice on the outside jibing into peaking waves.  The 1550 is really good at this, where the 1850 was sticky (didn't get faster because of its size).  Honestly with all the wind, I could have used the 1250.


I was out from 3 to nearly 5pm - 25mph and up the 35mph on the gusts - I love using the smaller wings on nuking days!!! 


I did get a jump in going out bound - I could feel the total lack of resistance so I know I came all the way out.  I did the same on my last run in - but that jump felt more like a train wreck than a jump.  The rear footstrap was totally unusable to me centerline.  I was struggling to control the foil - but I needed it to attempt the jumps.  I'm going to switch it back to support my regular stance.

This was Prayot's last ride before heading off to Japan to be with his family - Aloha bro!

 

No comments: