Friday, July 2, 2021

Wing Foiling Session - 7/2/2021

Wind was up today - setup the Ensis 4.5 and bolted on the HS1250.  Got in some shake down runs on the inside, and when I felt I was dialed in, I headed out to Firsts.  Mark, myself, Kalani and eventually Jeff were out (and three surfers on Wavestorms...). 


I got in 18.81 nm in 2 hours.  I had some decent rides - one was a jibe in front of the wave and flag the wing.  I also got a few riding goofy.


The chart below shows a gust that nearly hit 40 (definitely smoke on the water conditions).  Nice to know I can stay up in gusts that hard.


Top speed was 17.6 kt.  Lots of connected runs (jibes and tacks completed), but also some lulls.


Prayot got a hold of Jeff's demo Ensis Score 4.5.  He was out cruising with it - and even got some jumps (that's it, time to start learning to jump).  Today was the third day I had the harness on - it really made riding easier on my arms and especially the tendons on my upper left forearm.


Tomorrow morning is supposed to be super strong!!!

No comments: