Friday, July 23, 2021

Wing Maintenance

I was able to pick up the replacement strut bladder and promptly got to work on changing out the blown bladder.  First step, unseat the one-pump valves.  Next was to push the valve stems through the strut and tie lines on to them.


Pull the old bladder out, then pull the new bladder in (covered with baby powder).


This was the area that was blown out on the old one.  The first bladder I replaced was next to the valve stems.  I think I can fix this one.


Time to pull the valve stems back out and re-seat them.


And making sure the bladder isn't twisted and that it is seated properly.


I pressure tested the bladder and it held.  I also checked the tail of the struts on my other two wings to make sure the bladder was held by the strut muzzle (that's my name for the section you run the bladder through so you can pin it down.

No comments: