Friday, July 23, 2021

Garage Works - 7/23/2021

Kalani had called asking if I could do some epoxy work on his 90cm Axis mast.  His mast has been retaining a lot of water and he thought it was coming from the edges of the center void plug.  He asked that both ends be capped with epoxy to try and stop the water infiltration.


Used black pigment and aerosil in the epoxy.


And since I had extra epoxy, I went ahead and started the fix on Harris' rear stabilizer.  I had ground out the weak spots earlier this week, and I went ahead and inserted epoxy in the wingtip split, and added carbon on the ground out areas.  I covered the whole thing with saran wrap and clamped the wingtip.  Tomorrow I can sand it down and get it faired in.


I also added some of the epoxy to the chipped area I had on the 15" Nico rear stabilizer.  This should be easy to sand.


And here is Kalani's mast all filled in.  I had to clean the side walls to make sure the doodad would fit.


Tomorrow will be the other side of the mast and sanding the two rear stabs (before I go winging at WPB).

No comments: