Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Wing Foiling Session - 7/20/2021

I went winging yesterday - was supposed to be nuking, and it was until I got to the parking lot.  It actually dropped to nothing by the time I got all set up.  With the quickly diminishing wind, I pumped up the 5.2 (my 6.0 is still out of commission), and bolted on the HS1850/chopped 300.


The wind did come back, but not to the nuking levels that were sustained earlier.  I made a beeline out to Firsts and began surfing with Robert, Jeff, Eli, Derek and Prayot.  At one point the wind got to nuking levels - and I contemplated going back in and pumping up the 4.5 (I've been looking forward to using this wing again) - but the squall didn't last too long and I headed back out.  I was riding the best waves I've caught on wing out at Firsts - I got really long goofy foot rides, and I jibed hard into a right that allowed me to stay ahead of it.  


I had actually stayed up on foil longer this day than any previous session (too bad I forgot to charge my watch - no GPS track/info for this session).


No comments: