Sunday, July 18, 2021

Wing Foiling Session - 7/18/2021

Got in a midday wing foiling session at Hickam.  The wind was really good - I pumped up the 5.2 because it seemed like there were some holes in it.  For comparison sake, I basically kept the same setup as yesterday - HS1850, Nico 15" rear stabilizer, 85cm mast, A+ 60cm fuselage.  


The wind actually did what iwindsurf.com and Weather Underground forecasted it to.  If this keeps up, the rest of this week is supposed to be nuking!!!


I recorded the session in two separate chunks - because the wind kept getting stronger, I thought about going in and swapping out the front foil.  I did go in, but only to hydrate.  This first recording shows I was out at Firsts for a really long time.  I caught several that stood up and reeled down the line (pretty much like when I would prone foil Firsts).  The waves got steep a few times and I "tripped" on them.  I didn't get run over by any clean up sets - so it was a great day.


Got in 19.2nm on this run maxing out at 15.6kt - most likely on a wave.


I stayed inside on the second run.  Got in 4.24nm and got to 14.2kt.  This run was about transitioning.  Got in a couple of inbound tacks and outbound jibes (switching back to heel side).



This was Prayot's last Sunday foiling before he moves to Japan.  He had a hard time today - lost a screw from his rear stabilizer and could not get back up on foil.  I'm going to waterproof a T30 allen wrench and keep it inside a plastic bag in my harness pouch.


Doesn't get much better than this!

No comments: